TERMS OF REFERENCE – CONTENT WRITER
WORK FROM HOME WITH REQUIRED MEETINGS
We are looking to hire a dedicated Content Writer to create content for blogs, articles, project descriptions, social media, and the organisation’s website. The Content Writer’s responsibilities include evaluating analytics to adjust content as needed, regularly updating the organisation’s website, and promoting the projects by sharing articles to various third-party platforms. You should also be able to follow editorial guidelines when creating content. Ultimately, the individual needs to develop strategies that will increase global reader engagement.
Terms of Reference
● Conducting in-depth research on the thematic issues of organisational priority in order to develop original content.
● Developing content for blogs, articles, project descriptions, social media, and the YfPI’s website.
● Assisting the communications team in developing content for awareness campaigns.
● Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies.
● Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability.
● Creating compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target readers.
● Educated in English/ communication/ journalism or an equivalent degree or skill, preferably with an inclination towards content writing.
● Ability to type quickly and accurately.
● Excellent writing and editing skills.
● A deep understanding of target audience (youth) and what motivates them online.
● Analytical, with the ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly and sort the most important/relevant information to inform unique and innovative new content.
● Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
● Proven content writing or copywriting experience.
● Working knowledge of content management systems.
● Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
● The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
● The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
1. Self-motivated, driven, with a can-do, problem-solving attitude.
2. Highly creative and full of ideas.
3. Passionate about building positive relations.
4. Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach.
5. Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a passion for learning new things.
6. Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
7. Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
8. Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.
● Certificate to validate your efforts
● Letter of recommendation as per your performance and commitment
● Guidance from experts and mentoring support
● Access to National and International opportunities to represent the organisation
● Training by experts in required field before starting the fellowship
*These Terms of Reference have been designed as a guide to the position and are not likely to be the definitive responsibilities and are not designed to restricted ability to improve in any area identified has a requirement for attention. YfPI as a small and growing organization relies on its members keeping an open mind, a flexible approach to work and a dedication and loyalty to its overall development.