TERMS OF REFERENCE – COMMUNICATION OFFICER
WORK FROM HOME WITH REQUIRED MEETINGS
We are looking for a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team. The Communication Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events. YfPI is trying to increase its reach, visibility and engagement with stakeholders globally. We also seek efficient communication management within the organisation. To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Terms of Reference
1. Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target groups.
2. Distribute content, including monthly newsletter, publications, press releases, website content, other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities and overall projects.
3. Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
4. Establish and maintain effective relationships with media groups if required.
5. Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organisation, and coordinate publicity events as required.
6. Manage internal communication, and resolve conflict if it arises.
7. Represent the organisation in potential projects and collaborations.
8. Build regular engagement with the audience and stakeholders.
1. Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
2. Minimum relevant experience in a communications role.
3. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
4. Good time management and organisational skills.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
6. Good listening and speaking skills.
1. Self-motivated, driven, with a can-do, problem-solving attitude.
2. Highly creative and full of ideas.
3. Passionate about building positive relations.
4. Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach.
5. Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a passion for learning new things.
6. Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
7. Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
8. Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.
● Certificate to validate your efforts
● Letter of recommendation as per your performance and commitment
● Guidance from experts and mentoring support
● Access to National and International opportunities to represent the organisation
● Training by experts in required field before starting the fellowship
*These Terms of Reference have been designed as a guide to the position and are not likely to be the definitive responsibilities and are not designed to restricted ability to improve in any area identified has a requirement for attention. YfPI as a small and growing organization relies on its members keeping an open mind, a flexible approach to work and a dedication and loyalty to its overall development.