TERMS OF REFERENCE – ADVOCACY OFFICER
WORK FROM HOME WITH REQUIRED MEETINGS
We are looking for an advocacy officer who can help to implement the organisation’s policies and strategies. The advocacy officer must devise ways of reaching out to the stakeholders through campaigns. The advocacy officer is required to staunchly represent and believe in the idea of a peaceful world and support the vision of the organisation. The candidate must demonstrate commitment to the cause either through previous experiences or any other activities related to the cause.
Terms of Reference
1. Needs to be involved in formulating and implementing the organisational policy and strategies.
2. Run both online and offline campaigns and mobilise youth.
3. The candidate must coordinate the project with the partners on behalf of the organisation.
4. The officer must collaborate internally with finance and procurement to implement advocacy initiatives in the organisation’s projects.
5. Required to propose and lobby policies which are inlined with Youth Peacebuilding.
6. Writing, publishing and disseminating policy briefs.
7. Developing policy work and activities.
8. Discussing and implementing organization principles.
9. Revising policies related to advocacy, and preparing reports.
● Training and experience with required knowledge of the issues they represent on behalf of the organisation- Youth, Peace and Security.
● Must possess personal attributes such as integrity, focus, diligence and ability to communicate effectively and persuade others towards their point of view.
● Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
● Excellent research and public-speaking skills.
● Effective written and verbal communication skills.
● Problem-solving, leadership, organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
● Must take initiatives and be able to work effectively under pressure independently and with the team.
● Should be well aware and passionate about the thematic issues that we are working on.
● Self-motivated, driven, with a can-do, problem-solving attitude
● Highly creative and full of ideas.
● Passionate for building a peaceful world.
● Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach.
● Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a passion for learning new things.
● Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
● Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
● Diplomatic and tactful.
● Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.
● Certificate to validate your efforts
● Letter of recommendation as per your performance and commitment
● Guidance from experts and mentoring support
● Access to National and International opportunities to represent the organisation
● Training by experts in required field before starting the fellowship
*These Terms of Reference have been designed as a guide to the position and are not likely to be the definitive responsibilities and are not designed to restricted ability to improve in any area identified has a requirement for attention. YfPI as a small and growing organization relies on its members keeping an open mind, a flexible approach to work and a dedication and loyalty to its overall development.