YOUTH FOR PEACE INTERNATIONAL (YFPI)
TERMS OF REFERENCE – MARKETING MANAGER
WORK FROM HOME WITH REQUIRED MEETINGS
The Marketing Director/manager is responsible for establishing and implementing medium to long-
term marketing and fundraising strategies, with the bottom line of growing brand awareness, promoting events organized by YfPI and raising unrestricted funds to meet operational cost requirements, cover adequate reserves with the long-term objective of expanding the impact of YfPI.
Specific duties / Job description
- Provide technical input to the procurement of research and communication to the organization as well as day-to-day supervision of all network organization once they are contracted to ensure that their outputs satisfy the program’s objectives and meet highest quality standards.
- Strengthens current relationships with the media agencies and network organization and maintains a high level of work and relationship satisfaction.
- Identifies, researches pursues and cultivates new business partnerships/ models
- Facilitates knowledge exchange between team and other local and International Network
- Coordinates with media agencies on the promotion of events planned by YfPI.
- Leads and manages effective public relations activity with target market, with support from the Communications team
- Develops a range of reports/proposal/events for marketing for corporate sponsorships
- Develops and helps in maintaining a database of all possible partnership engagement and management
- Facilitates training and exposure of recruited staff to network standards.
- Establishes groundwork to prepare for fundraising in new market segments.
- Communicates with and updates the team to report on progress on a regular basis
- Supervises individual and major fundraising planning and implementation of the same in YfPI operating areas.
- Perform other tasks as required
- Minimum relevant experience/skills in commercial or social marketing.
- Knowledge of and experience in interpreting and using qualitative and/or quantitative research to develop evidence-based strategies.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Experience in training and capacity building desirable.
- Track record of initiative and proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentational skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field where YfPI plans its events.
- Computer proficiency (Office software, the internet, and email).
- Letter of recommendation
- Guidance from experts and great exposure
These Terms of Reference have been designed as a guide to the position and are not likely to be the definitive responsibilities and are not designed to restricted ability to improve in any area identified has a requirement for attention. YfPI as a small and growing organization relies on its members keeping an open mind, a flexible approach to work and a dedication and loyalty to its overall development.