YOUTH FOR PEACE INTERNATIONAL (YFPI)
TERMS OF REFERENCE – HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER/ DIRECTOR
WORK FROM HOME WITH REQUIRED MEETINGS
Purpose / Role
Ensure the necessary human resources and support systems are in place for the rapid and effective mobilization and management of personnel(members).
Responsibilities and tasks
- Human Resources systems
- Develop, Review and or update human resource and administrative policies and procedures (compliant with YfPI structure and system ) and ensure they are effective, efficient, fair and transparent, and promote equal opportunities. Ensure policies are compliant with the members of the organization and other network organization.
- Develop, Review and or Update human resource policies and procedures for recruitment and
management of members (terms & conditions of employment, steps & positions, salary
Structure (if any), benefits, disciplinary procedures, termination).
- Ensure a complete orientation and registration package is in place and that all members are oriented or registered on time.
- Recruitment and staffing
- Assess staffing needs as required. Identify and recruit new and replacement members including scheduling of contract extensions, new contracts, and necessary terminations.
- To coordinate the timely and effective recruitment of emergency or regular personnel.
- Prepare job descriptions, terms of reference and submission of personnel requisitions in coordination Director and project Managers/Supervisors.
- Posting of all the opportunities available in the organisation to different portals and social media.
- Ensure that all the database and desired contact details are constantly updated and shared with all the members once they are registered with the organization.
- Establish and maintain personnel files.
- Ensure all the data forms are filled and updated time to time.
- Coordination of performance and talent management
- Staff development, well being etc
- Assess training and development needs of staff and provide appropriate induction and orientation, training, supervision and support as required. Ensure all members, always have adequate access to HR/Administrative policies and procedures.
- Monitor and uphold members conduct and discipline and organize regular performance evaluations of all staff.
- Ensure that exit interviews/ debriefs/feedbacks/LORs are prepared at the end of service.
- People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train members and also able to work with other network organization.
- Communication Skills: Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of YfPI. This includes effective negotiation for the partnership and representation skills.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to YfPI’s core values.
- Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress. Works and lives in a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
- Awareness and sensitivity to self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to diversity.
- Work style: Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and skills: knowledge of YfPI policies and procedures, Good Enough, NGO Code of Conduct. Requires general finance, administration, information management and
telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills.
Technical Competencies for this position:
- Qualifications and/or experience and/or demonstrate skills in human resources management or an associated field.
- Experience and/or skills in recruitment processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Letter of recommendation
- Guidance from experts and great exposure
These Terms of Reference have been designed as a guide to the position and are not likely to be the definitive responsibilities and are not designed to restricted ability to improve in any area identified has a requirement for attention. YfPI as a small and growing organization relies on its members keeping an open mind, a flexible approach to work and a dedication and loyalty to its overall development.