TERMS OF REFERENCE – CONTENT CREATOR/ BLOGGER/WRITER
WORK FROM HOME WITH REQUIRED MEETINGS
YfPI seeks a blogger to design, create and support an attractive and robust global blogging platform for use by his/her creative writing and managing skills.
With input from social media, content and web team, the blogger will be required to manage a unified platform for blogs that is attractive, simple to use and incorporates all the current and popular issues. Through this YfPI is trying to increase its reach and communicate and engage with audiences globally.
- Create content such as emails, social media messages, blogs etc.
- Participate in planning and strategizing for inbound marketing campaign execution including content, content schedule, platforms, and measurements.
- Develop content for YfPI event/workshop promotions.
- Responsible for daily posts to all social media outlets where YfPI has its presence.
- Create stylish, quippy content for multiple social channels.
- Become an organization’s advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate or required.
- Identify opportunities to publish guest blogs and invite guest bloggers to participate whenever an online campaign is planned.
- Regularly provide feedback on insights gained from social media monitoring (Facebook Insights, twitter etc.)
- Continuously monitor social media trends and tools for changes that affect our competitive landscape.
- Use alerts, search and other tools to monitor for mentions whenever required.
- Appear for meetings and send reports to the relevant team members as per requirement.
Key skills and experience
- Educated in English, media studies, communications studies, journalism, PR or an equivalent degree or skill, preferably with an inclination towards digital media environment.
- Ability to type quickly and accurately.
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tone.
- A deep understanding of target audience (youth ) and what motivates them online.
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices.
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web.
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly and sort the most important/relevant information to inform unique and innovative new content.
- Excellent working knowledge of major social media channels including Facebook and Twitter
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills
- Self-motivated, driven, with a can-do, problem-solving attitude
- Highly creative and full of ideas
- Passionate about producing top quality written material
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach.
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning new things.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall
- Passion for excellence
- Letter of recommendation
- Guidance from experts and great exposure
These Terms of Reference have been designed as a guide to the position and are not likely to be the definitive responsibilities and are not designed to restricted ability to improve in any area identified has a requirement for attention. YfPI as a small and growing organization relies on its members keeping an open mind, a flexible approach to work and a dedication and loyalty to its overall development.